Don’t let pain or stiffness hold you back from playing your best game. Get back to the full swing of things with acupuncture!
You have the equipment, the membership, the gorgeous weather, the awesome outfit. As you know, a calm and healthy body and mind is essential to a great golf game. And now, acupuncture can help you to bring your game to the next level.
While golf is not generally a high-impact sport, there can be issues that arise. The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) has discovered the average golfer plays 37 rounds a year and is practicing more and more, so while they are improving their game, they are risking acute and chronic problems, specifically from strained muscles, repetitive motions and inflammation.
In addition, the factors of age, stress, tension and sedentary jobs can inhibit flexibility and range of motion, which can also directly impact a golfer’s game, potentially leading to injuries.
Acupuncture treats many different common conditions including low back pain, golfers elbow, rotator cuff injuries, hip pain, golfer’s elbow, neck and upper back pain, knee pain, and more.
Acupuncture also emphasizes the mind/body connection so that more than just a physical improvement, players can also benefit from better concentration and less stress and tension.
So golfers, here are some of the best benefits of getting acupuncture!
- Endorphins! Acupuncture releases those lovely chemicals that is our body’s natural way to kill pain.
- Relaxes muscle spasms, and calms nerve irritation.
- Releases your body’s natural steroids which reduce inflammation, which can lead to a better swing.
- Improves blood flow and promotes faster healing.
- Memory improvement – Remember that VP’s name on the 9th hole!
- Regulation of hormones and body functions. A good thing.
- Eliminates stress and elevates your mood. Nobody likes a golf club flying through the air!
- Better sleep.
- Improves your flexibility and range of motion. Again, a better and more consistent swing!
- Enhances your immune system, which is useful if you’re shaking a lot of hands (after you win!).
So whether you are new to golf, and are looking to improve your game, or are dealing with a golf-related injury you would like help with, try acupuncture!
Interested in acupuncture and how it can help you? Please visit us at www.ctacupuncture.com
Questions about acupuncture? Frequently Asked Questions about Acupuncture
Digestive issues? Acupuncture helps with those, too! From Heartburn to Constipation – Acupuncture Eases Digestive Complaints
Follow us on Twitter! Follow @AcupunctureCT