Looking for an effective way to relieve PMS symptoms? Acupuncture restores harmony to your body!
Hormone levels naturally fluctuate during the menstrual cycle, and that variation is perfectly normal. However, the stress, discomfort and anxiety that arise from your changing hormone levels can interfere with everyday life, making it feel anything but normal — sometimes even aggravating and painful!
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) occurs in the seven to ten days before menstruation and disappears shortly after it begins. Its symptoms include nervousness, irritability, depression, headaches, water retention and bloating, digestive issues, and sore breasts.
Let’s call upon acupuncture.
Acupuncture is extremely effective at treating menstrual disorders including: painful periods, irregular periods, amenorrhea, as well as PMS.With its balancing effects, acupuncture restores harmony to the hormonal and energy systems of the body, healing the causes of PMS. It’s also excellent at relieving symptoms of stress of all kinds.
The end result? You feel better, your mood improves, your headache goes away and your energy returns. If you suffer any discomfort during menses, such as cramps or nausea, acupuncture will ease these symptoms for you as well.
Whether it’s easing PMS or alleviating painful cramps, try acupuncture for effective relief!
Other Ways to Reduce the Symptoms of PMS
- Balanced nutrition is crucial for overcoming PMS. Up your intake of fruits, veggies, and whole grains and cut back on sugar, artificial sweeteners, fat, and salt.
- Limit your alcohol intake, as well as caffeine throughout your cycle. Alcohol can make feelings of depression worse. Reducing caffeine may also minimize breast tenderness and irritability.
- Drink plenty of water, or herbal teas. Many find chamomile tea soothing.
- Exercise! You may not want to, but get in your workout anyway. The endorphin rush will help relieve cramps and raise your levels of serotonin.
- Try to relax! Many find that yoga, deep breathing, or meditation really helps.
Want more information on how acupuncture can help you? Visit us at CT Acupuncture Center
Questions about acupuncture? Frequently Asked Questions about Acupuncture
Back pain relief in action! Want to see an acupuncture session in action for yourself? Check this out…
Follow us on Twitter! Follow @AcupunctureCT